The Ayer PTA relies on parent volunteers to make each event and activity a success.
Volunteers in Education (VIE) are parents who spend a few hours a day once or twice per month to assist in the classroom, library or other areas. VIEs work under the direction of their child’s teacher, doing a variety of classroom and administrative tasks which free up the teachers to spend more time with the students.
VIEs help in the following areas:
- Your child’s classroom
- Library/Media Center
- Special Areas (ELO, Music, Art, etc.)
- Special Education
- Reading/Math Helpers
If you would like to volunteer in your child’s classroom, complete the VIE-Volunteer in Education Form link to AyerPTA-VIE15-16.pdf and return it to Ayer. If you have any questions please email VIE Coordinator Kate Gearding.
Sign-ups for current volunteer opportunities are published weekly in the Falcon Flyer.
If you are interested in becoming more involved and finding the right volunteer fit, email PTA president Nichelle Trigg.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities,
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
PTA Values- these core values guide our decisions and actions:
COLLABORATION: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
COMMITMENT: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
RESPECT: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
INCLUSIVITY: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
INTEGRITY: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.