The Ayer PTA relies on parent volunteers to make each event and activity a success.
Volunteers in Education (VIE) are parents who spend a few hours a day once or twice per month to assist in the classroom, library or other areas. VIEs work under the direction of their child’s teacher, doing a variety of classroom and administrative tasks which free up the teachers to spend more time with the students.
VIEs help in the following areas:
- Your child’s classroom
- Library/Media Center
- Special Areas (ELO, Music, Art, etc.)
- Special Education
- Reading/Math Helpers
If you would like to volunteer in your child’s classroom, complete the VIE-Volunteer in Education Form link to AyerPTA-VIE15-16.pdf and return it to Ayer. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-ups for current volunteer opportunities are published weekly in the Falcon Flyer.
If you are interested in becoming more involved and finding the right volunteer fit, email email@example.com
Making every child’s potential a reality.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities,
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
PTA Values- these core values guide our decisions and actions:
COLLABORATION: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
COMMITMENT: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
RESPECT: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
INCLUSIVITY: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
INTEGRITY: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.