(see below for flyer guidelines and processes)
Flyer/INFORMATION DISTRIBUTION Approval Process
Please note: the below guidelines and processes are applicable to organizations that are not run by FHSD. These guidelines do not affect flyers that publicize events and opportunities run by FHSD (student clubs, student activities, events run solely by the school).
Flyers and information publicizing events or opportunities from organizations and individuals who are not goverend by FHSD must be approved by Central Office; this includes posting of flyers, information, brochures and letters on school bulletin boards, information tables/kiosks, the district/school website, school/district social media channels and district/school newsletters.
Requests are appreciated at least 2 weeks prior to distribution. Every effort will be made to give a prompt response, but delays in approval may occur.
To request distribution of a flyer or information by FHSD or any FHSD school, email Angela Ingram at email@example.com the following information:
- PDF (not a scan) of information or flyer to be distributed
- Contact person - name, phone and email
- Sponsoring Organization - name, website or address, phone number
- How the flyer should be distributed
- Not-for-Profit ID Number of Organization
*For-profit organizations will be approved for distribution under the following conditions:
1) The business indicates they have entered into an agreement with a school principal or district administrator about the offer/event.
2) There is a direct benefit (i.e. scholarships, fundraising) to the school/district and that benefit is stated on the flyer or information.
Once approved by Central Office, the flyer or information will be posted on the district website, which will directly link to all school newsletters. In cases where requested and approved, hard copies flyers/information may be posted in schools in locations approved by the principal. Board-approved support organizations may also request that Central Office approve four flyers or informational pieces for hard copy distribution to all students in a school each school year.
CRITERIA for Approval
- The organization or activity advertised must provide a direct benefit for FHSD students.
- The sponsored activity should not deter from or conflict with any Forest Hill-sponsored activities.
- The flyer must be for a “not-for-profit” organization. (see exceptions in number 5 above)
- The organization or activity advertised must be in the Cincinnati area.
- Flyers/information may not contain any references to alcohol, drugs, or other behaviors not in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Flyers/information may not contain any religious references.
- The flyer/information must include the disclaimer: The material contained in this communication, and the activities and organizations which it describes, are not endorsed or promoted by Forest Hills School District.