During their July 21, 2014 meeting, the Forest Hills Board of Education approved placing a 4.45 mill bond issue (Issue 4) on the Nov. 4 ballot to fund the $103 million plan. The issue also included .5 mills to create a permanent improvement fund to provide revenue for future building maintenance.
On November 4, 2014, district residents approved the passage of Issue 4.
Funds from this bond issue will allow the district to move forward in addressing facilities issues at every school in the district by extensively renovating eight neighborhood schools and building a new school to replace Wilson Elementary. It will also:
- improve learning environments for all students
- provide more secure entrances and security features at every school
- increase handicap-accessibility and meet current ADA codes
- add climate-control features to our schools, including air conditioning systems at four schools that do not currently have AC
- provide flexible learning spaces for innovative learning at every school
- upgrade technology at every school
- relocate the transportation facility on the Anderson High School campus, for safety purposes
- relieve traffic congestion at many schools
- provide additional classroom space to accommodate the gradual implementation of full-day kindergarten
- take advantage of interest rates and construction costs that are the lowest they have been in 30 years.
BOARD PRESENTATIONS/CONSTRUCTION UPDATES*Find more construction information, photos and updates on the district Facebook page and Twitter channel. Search "#FacilitiesFriday" and "#Transformation".
Nov. 24. 2016 facility presentation
Oct. 24, 2016 facility presentation
Sept. 2016 Construction Update
Sept. 26, 2016 facility presentation
August 2016 Construction Update
August 22, 2016 transportation proposal presentation
August 22, 2016 facility presentation
July 25, 2016 facility presentation
June 20, 2016 facility presentation
April 25, 2016 facility presentation
Dec. 21, 2015 engineering presentation
Oct. 26, 2015 engineering presentation
Oct. 2015 Construction Update
Sept. 28, 2015 engineering presentation
Sept. 2015 Construction Update
Sept. 28, 2015 facility presentation
August 24, 2015 engineering presentation
August 24, 2015 facility presentation
Feb. 23, 2015 facility presentation
Jan. 26, 2015 facility presentation
Dec. 2014 Construction Update
Dec. 15, 2014 facility presentation
In February 2015, the district completed its second round of meetings with building “visioning teams” consisting of staff members, administrators and parents who discussed facility issues and needs that affect teaching and learning in each school and classroom, as well as possible solutions.
From late February through April, the district held community meetings during which community members heard a summary of the results of a specific neighborhood school’s visioning meetings and discussed exterior design options, including school entrances and security vestibules.
Below are presentations from the community meetings held in 2015.
8471 Forest Road
2465 Little Dry Run Road
7080 Grantham Way
2600 Bartels Road
1500 Nagel Road
7560 Forest Road
2650 Bartels Road
943 Rosetree Lane
8400 Northport Drive
BOND ISSUE INFORMATION
Frequently Asked Questions
Bond issue announcement press release
Information on what projects the bond will fund at each school (Anderson High School, Turpin High School, Nagel Middle School, Ayer Elementary, Maddux Elementary, Mercer Elementary, Sherwood Elementary, Summit Elementary, Wilson Elementary)
OFCC evaluations summary report
SSOE evaluations summary report
Facilities survey results summary
Draft of facilities options (presented at May 16, 2014 Board meeting)
Facilities questions may be directed to Ray Johnson, Director of Business Operations, at 231-3600.