WEIGHTED GRADES/CLASS RANK (for high school)
On Nov. 27, the Board of Education Policy Committee met to review Board policy 5430 “Class Rank”.
In June, a district committee representing parents, counselors, teachers, and administrators began examining Forest Hills’ weighted course system, class rank and graduation recognitions to ensure all systems support student learning, postsecondary goals, and student wellness. Through their extensive research of other school district practices; college, university and military academy acceptance procedures; and student feedback, the group reccomending updating the Board policy to empower students to take challenging classes that they find most interesting, as well as better support the future goals and well-being of individual students.
- Bowling Club (March and April)
- Cincinnati Zoo (April 19 or 20)
- Eighth-Grade Music Performance at Kings Island (April 21)
- House 4A Freedom Center Field Trip (April 27)
- House 4B Cincinnati Zoo Field Trip (April 27)
- House 3B Cincinnati Zoo Field Trip (May 4)
In response to questions regarding the changes in the Nagel Middle School schedule for 2017-18, FHSD developed a Frequently Asked Questions to help share more information.
Changes were necessary to align the master schedule with the strategic vision aspects of student innovation, collaboration, and exploration of post-high school opportunities. In addition, the schedule changes are intended to balance class sizes and improve special education, intervention, and enrichment services and supports.
Should you have additional questions, please email:
• John Vander Meer, Nagel Middle School Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Natasha Adams, Executive Director of Curriculum, at email@example.com
• Scot T. Prebles, Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.