Check back often for Sign Up Genius links for volunteering
The Learning Commons is in need of volunteers in the afternoon to help with a variety of activities, such as:
- cleaning the tables and whiteboards
- organizing the books and tables
- helping the Learning Commons look good after a day of usage
- cutting and laminating
- making deliveries around the building
- hanging posters
- checking computer in and out
In September and October, students will be able to go outside during lunch to burn energy and socialize with their peers. No educational time will be taken from students; they will be allowed to go outside after they eat - during a portion of their current lunch period. Once it starts to get cooler, Energy Burn will be paused and return again in May.
PTO provides adult volunteers to help the Nagel staff supervise the students outside. If at least two parents are not signed up for each lunch, the students will have to remain inside.
SOAR SPIRIT STORE
During student lunches, the SOAR Spirit Store is open two days a week. Two parents are needed for each shift, volunteering once a month.
Students can purchase PE shirts, spirit wear, required novels and school supplies. SOAR cards can also be turned in for fun prizes.
Popcorn with the Principal
Each Friday, Nagel PTO provides popcorn to 15 students who meet in a small group with the principal. A different group of students is chosen each week and it's a great time to learn what they love, don't love and what they'd like to see done differently. Volunteers will make popcorn using PTO's popcorn machine, help with serving and clean up the machine afterward.
Athletics: Concessions & Parent Reps
Each season, a parent rep for each team helps communicate athletic PTO specific items. How coaches use parent reps is entirely their preference; PTO needs communication support.
In addition, parents of athletes are expected to work at least 1 shift at the concession stand during their student-athlete's season. We do not want parents to miss seeing their student play; there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer and still catch your team's action! Nagel PTO relies heavily on the funds raised through concessions; please help us to continue to support our athletes and all Nighthawks by giving a couple of hours of your time during the season.
District Information for Volunteers
Forest Hills School District volunteers provide meaningful support that helps make an array of learning opportunities available to students. Parents, community members, alumni and others are able to engage and empower students directly through their talents, time and abilities.
Click Here for the 2019-2020 procedures and guidelines for visitors and volunteers at Forest Hills School District.
Quick Summary of Requirements needed for Visitors vs. Volunteers
Visitors to Nagel: Must present Driver's License (or government-issued ID) upon entering the front of the building.
- Definition of a Visitor: A person entering the building who will leave the office area to meet with a school official or attend an activity. This person will not work in a supervisory or instructional manner with students.)
Volunteers / Chaperones at Nagel: Must have been fingerprinted by the Forest Hills School District in the past 5 years - OR - Complete the online background check using the Raptor System (new in August 2019). It only takes a couple minutes to complete online. Click here for Raptor Link.
- Definition of a Volunteer: Any adult who will interact with any students other than their own child while assisting with school activities or working independently in a Forest Hills School District building. Example: room helper, reading to classes, making copies for teachers, organizing activities, assisting with productions, etc.
- Definition of a Chaperone: Any adult who will escort students on DAY field trips within or out of the Forest Hills School District.
- Note: Chaperones for Overnight Field Trips and School-Sponsored Volunteer Coaches MUST be fingerprinted. (Raptor Online does not work for these positions.)
Attach your receipts and leave in the PTO Treasurer mailbox in the front office or the school.
Or scan the form/receipts and email to the PTO Treasurer