FHSD Earns State Recognition for Sound Financial Practices
March 23, 2023
Forest Hills School District has once again been recognized with the distinguished Auditor of State Award for having a “clean” audit report. Auditor of State Keith Faber recognized FHSD in January and a representative from his office visited Forest Hills on Thursday, March 23 to present the award to the treasurer’s office.
“Forest Hills School District is committed to being strong stewards of taxpayer dollars and an important part of that obligation is to demonstrate clean and accurate record-keeping,” said Alana Cropper, treasurer. “I hope our families and taxpayers can take pride in this recognition and in the district’s long track record of effective financial practices.”
This award reflects an independent audit of FHSD finances during the 2021-2022 school year, which is the district’s 2022 fiscal year.
The Auditor’s office presents the Auditor of State Award to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System and in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weakness, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comment related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely annual financial report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns
For more information about the treasurer’s office and district finances, please click here.
To read the official press release from the auditor’s office, please click here. To read the independent audit of FHSD for FY 2022, please click here.