First day for grades one through 12 is August 15
August 15th is the first day of school for all Forest Hills students in grades one through 12.
For years, Forest Hills has staggered start days for preschool and kindergarten students to help them transition to the school environment. This year, preschool and kindergarten students will have a “phase-in” day on August 19 or August 20. Teachers will notify parents of their child’s date and time. All preschool and kindergarten students will then report to school on August 21. Preschool is held at Sherwood Elementary and Summit Elementary.
Bell times for the schools are as follows:
- All Forest Hills elementary schools 9:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Nagel Middle School 8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Anderson High School 8 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- Turpin High School 8 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- A.M. Kindergarten 9:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- P.M. Kindergarten 1 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- A.M. Preschool (at Sherwood and Summit) 9:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- P.M. Preschool (at Sherwood and Summit) 1 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- A.M. Head Start (at Mercer) 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- P.M. Head Start (at Mercer) 12:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Prior to the first day of school, parents must confirm or update their student’s information online. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2YVJtAm.
School supply lists can be found at www.ForestHills.edu by visiting each of the school’s webpages.