Important District Health Update
Forest Hills families,
I am writing today to provide you with an update regarding the district’s continued efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of all students and staff. It’s important for you to know that Forest Hills School District is closely following updates regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking proactive steps to do everything possible to protect the health of everyone in our buildings.
According to the state health department, there are now confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Cleveland area. Hamilton County Public Health states there are currently no cases in our area, however, the district is prepared should that change. We are working closely with public health officials from the local, state, and national level. We are prepared to follow their guidance as needed. Forest Hills is also working in conjunction with other nearby school districts to create comprehensive and uniform plans for students as this situation develops.
The district has a pandemic response plan in place as part of our comprehensive safety plan. Additionally, the district is taking proactive measures to help stop the spread of germs and illness in our schools through increased cleaning, including:
- Sanitizing all common areas twice per day
- Wiping down all water fountains daily with disinfectants
- Cleaning all common area surfaces in the cafeteria every day
- Wiping down all handrails, doorknobs and bathroom common areas daily
- Sanitizing bus seats with a disinfectant germ fogger
We also continue to encourage all families to maintain healthy habits and to take steps to help prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
I want to assure you that the health, safety and well-being of all students and staff is a top priority of the Forest Hills School District. As we continue to participate in conversations with local authorities and medical experts, contingency plans may be required. I will send additional communication as soon as available.
For more information regarding COVID-19 and how to stop the spread of illnesses, you can view additional resources by visiting Hamilton County Public Health or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more district updates regarding Coronavirus, click here.