About Forest Hills
Striving to ensure success for all students.
The mission of Forest Hills School District is to provide educational opportunities that enable students to acquire the knowledge, skills and personal qualities necessary for responsible citizenship and lifelong learning.
We believe learning . . .
● Occurs in different ways, depending on abilities, readiness, and interests.
● Takes place through research, questioning, exploring, experimenting, and problem-solving.
● Requires inclusion of reading, writing, numeracy, and digital literacy in all content areas.
● Occurs by acquiring skills and knowledge, and application of what is learned to other contexts.
● Requires active and social collaboration and interaction.
● Takes place when learners are secure, valued, and able to take risks.
● Is engaging, meaningful, purposeful, and challenging.
● Includes reflection and requires learners to be responsible for their learning.
- Prepare students for post-graduation success through rigorous, learner-empowered approaches; core content and real-world application.
- Provide improved learning for students through a framework of job-embedded learning and collaboration for educators.
- Provide a safe, secure, and inclusive culture by fostering personal responsibility and the well-being of students and staff.
- Demonstrate responsible stewardship of taxpayer investments through efficient, equitable, and transparent resource allocation.
- Deliver multi-source communications through informative, proactive, and real-time channels.